Previous Breaking News/Iran
This page contains the items that were once on the "Breaking News" section of the Main Page. The articles are mainly about Iran. Last date of Archived news is Sep. 24, 2013. Contains archives from Jan. 2007 to Sep. 2013.
- Iranian students threaten British Embassy, chanting "Death to Britain" and "Death to America". Tip to Brits: don't make American President Jimmy Carter's mistake of 1979 and fail to protect your embassy.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Murder Machine: A Look at Tehran's Casualty List. "Ahmadinejad has taken desperate measures to reign in the escalating civil unrest throughout Iranian society by closing newspapers, enforcing strict dress codes and stepping up public hangings and stonings." Fox News 
- Iran Unveils 'Rescue the Nuke Scientist' Video Game: 
- A new intelligence report says that there is growing public discontent among citizens of Iran over the state of their nation's economy. 
- Nancy Pelosi Invests in Iran-Linked Company. Fox News: 
- A noted graduate of the Columbia University School of Journalism tore up her diploma in protest to the visit by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the Columbia campus. From WorldNetDaily.  While Ahmadinejad visits NY, Iranian Officer arrested for smuggling roadside bombs into Iraq. Fox News And during his speech, Ahmadinejad sidestepped the question as to whether or not Iran persecuted gays: "We don’t have homosexuals, like in your country," he answered. In Iran, they get hung! 
- Iran announces it has 3000 centrifuges operating in its uranium enrichment program. This is enough to produce a nuclear weapon. 
- The USS Hopper is harassed by "five small surface craft" while transiting the Strait of Hormuz off the coast of Iran.  Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said, "We see it as further evidence that Iran is unpredictable and remains a threat." 
- The first film giving an Islamic view of Jesus Christ shows on Iranian Movie Screens 
- Iran Educates Children to 'Seek Martyrdom' 
Iran's educational curriculum teaches children as young as first grade to prepare for war and seek martyrdom.
- Obama Has More Faith in the UN, Iran & Syria than in U.S. Soldiers in Iraq 
- Iranian Textbooks Teach Islamic Supremacy, Inequality for Women and Non-Muslims  
- Iran Expands Uranium Enrichment Program, Begins Installing 6,000 New Centrifuges.  The new announcement by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is seen as a show of defiance of international demands to halt a nuclear program the United States and its allies say is aimed at building nuclear weapons. 
- Petronomics 101  
Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has proposed a realistic solution: the Domestic Energy Production Act of 2008. Her bill would permit exploitation of more than a trillion barrels of U.S. territorial oil and nearly 600 trillion cubic feet of natural gas – more than the combined hydrocarbon reserves of Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Nigeria, Venezuela, Libya and Iran. The measure would also streamline the process for building new refineries and clean, safe nuclear power plants, as well as funding to develop alternative fuels.
- The New Appeasers 
Is Obama an appeaser? Of course. Obama has already offered Iraq to Iran without getting anything in return.
- Oliver North: Assessing Iraq in Context 
Iraq is fast becoming a vital ally in the war against radical Islam -- and a bulwark against the theocracy in neighboring Iran. Both are crucial to U.S. national security.
- Oliver North: UN-believable 
Apparently, the pursuit of phobias, discrimination and intolerance has distracted the U.N. from doing any real work, such as reining in Iranian efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.
- The liberal mainstream media is covering up House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) recent remarks chalking up the success of the U.S. military in Iraq to the "goodwill of the Iranians." 
- Persian Three-Card Monte 
Shrewd Iran is convincing the anti-American world that it’s a poor little country badly bullied by Bush America.
- America and Czech Republic finally agree to tracking radar. The deal, if approved by Parliament, will create a "missile shield" needed to ward off potential attacks by countries like Iran. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice pointed out that Iran is building longer-range missiles and defying international calls to halt sensitive nuclear technology. 
- Is Iran running short on missiles? A published news photo was withdrawn when digital tampering was discovered. 
- Tehran on Saturday ruled out freezing its enrichment program, casting doubt over the sense of key nuclear talks between Iran and six world powers less than an hour after they began. The talks — with the U.S. in attendance for the first time — had raised expectations of possible compromise on a formula that would have had Iran agree to stop expanding its enrichment activities. 
- Professor values: University of Tennessee Physics professor, J. Reece Roth has been found guilty of passing U.S. Air Force secrets to China and Iran. The jury concluded he was guilty on 18 counts of conspiracy, fraud and violating the Arms Export Control Act. 
- Despite still-high oil prices, members of OPEC, spearheaded by Iran and Venezuela, are calling for a reduction in production to keep prices inflated. 
- Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries at Friday's Presidential debate and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality." 
- McCain said he would support a freeze on most government spending, except for veterans, defense and "some other vital issues." Obama said the problem with that was that some programs needed more money. McCain went after Obama for refusing to acknowledge the success of the troop surge in Iraq. They also had an encounter over Iran, with McCain criticizing Obama for having said he would sit down without precondition with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Jeffery Immelt, the leftist CEO of General Electric, owner of NBC who has driven his company's stock and profits to a 12 year low with questionable financial decisions and trading with Iran through European intermediaries to help re-supply the Islamic Fascists, is apparently just the type of incompetent executive President Obama wants serving on his Economic Recovery Advisory Board charged to oversee the $925 billion dollar spending package (interesting that the board was named even before the measure has passed Congress).  
- Amnesty International has urged Iran to improve its human rights record as the country celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Islamic revolution. Amnesty said that "some sectors of society – including ethnic minorities – continue to face widespread discrimination, while the situation for other groups – notably some religious minorities – has significantly worsened". 
- A year ago, Iranian policy-makers found themselves in the uncomfortable position of being literally surrounded militarily by the US Army in Iraq and Afghanistan, while at the same time facing threats from former President George W. Bush that American guns would soon be pointed at Iran. Though the Iranians are still uncomfortably close to US military bases, the threat of a military attack has subsided, but they now find themselves surrounded on all sides by America's most recently deployed force: diplomats. 
- One of Barack Obama's first presidential acts was to send a secret offer to Russia about Iran, offering to trade American defense of Europe in exchange for cooperation by Russia in dealing with Iran. Today Russia described, in more diplomatic words, the offer as ridiculous.
- The U.S. Defense Department thinks Mexico's two most deadly drug cartels together have fielded more than 100,000 foot soldiers - an army that rivals Mexico's armed forces and threatens to turn the country into a narco-state, a DOD official told The Washington Times. Mexico is now #3, behind Pakistan and Iran, as a U.S. national security concern, coming in ahead of Afghanistan and Iraq, the official said. 
- Obama's offer for dialogue with Iran is just not working out as planned. Ayatollah Mohammad Baqer Kharrazi said Iran "will arrange contacts to America as soon as we build our own bomb." 
- UN anti-racism summit, turns into anti-Semitic summit instead. Liberal Norway strangely do not walk out from Iranian PM Ahmadinejad's tirade  . Even Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu is slammed as a "racist and a bigot" for his views on Israel and Palestine. 
- The media is all abuzz about Wednesday’s tragic shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. The perpetrator, 88 year old James von Brunn, was a White Supremacist, and the lefty blogs are acting as though this being some nuance of the right. Wrong. Let’s not forget that Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, are both anti-semites and neither considered spokesmen for the right. But after some research it appears the shooter is in fact - despite the protestations of the Kos Kids - is a registered Democrat and Fox News hater from Maryland. For example, he unleashed his hatred of both Presidents Bush and other “neo-conservatives” in online essays. The Kos needs to remember that it is President Obama who is wanting to meet with another Holocaust denier, Iranian President Ahmadinejad. So much for the “Right Wing Conspiracy”... 
- Many Americans stand with the Iranian people and their green revolution for Democracy. As long as the Iranian Mullahs control the government, the elections are meaningless. Christians everywhere pray for the righteous to prevail.   
- Muslim countries in the Middle East and north-central Africa lead the world in human trafficking This is modern-day slavery. Slavery-related practices are published by the U.S. State Department's annual Trafficking in Persons Report 2009. Nine of the seventeen worst offending countries are Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Chad, Sudan, Niger , Mauritania and Eritrea.  
- Seventy years ago Winston Churchill said: Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight on the beaches...we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. Never. Watch this video (graphic in nature) and see what Churchill's words mean in real life for the millions who yearn for freedom, and right at this moment for the freedom-loving people of Iran. 
- Uber Liberal Chris Matthews, never known for his logic, mocked Florida GOP Senate candidate Marco Rubio for pondering, on his Twitter page, that the "situation in Iran would be a little different if they had a 2nd Amendment like ours." Matthews, completely clueless that the point our Founding Fathers understood was that it is much harder to repress a free people that is armed, derided Rubio in the Sideshow portion of his June 22nd Hardball. More proof that liberals would rather see a people enslaved than admit the right to keep and bear arms is our best defense against a repressive government. 
- Real change.
Bush OK'd covert ops to allow CIA "to supply communications equipment which would enable opposition groups in Iran to work together and bypass internet censorship by the clerical regime."
London Telegraph 27 May 2007;
Obama Twitters Iranian opposition groups 
- Dictators and Obama's Double Standards: When it came to the rigged election in Iran, Barack Obama played it cool in his public statements, earning the approval of the liberal MSM like the New York Times. But when the Honduran military toppled that country's corrupt leftist president, the Times embraced Obama for speaking out against the "coup", even though the Honduran Supreme Court and Congress declared his actions unconstitutional -- the same kind of internal "meddling" he refused to do for the people of Iran. 
- Death sentences for Iran protesters: Three people arrested after Iran's disputed presidential election have been sentenced to death, the Iranian ISNA news agency said. Mohammad Reza Ali Zamani was the first person sentenced to death on Saturday, over the unrest triggered by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's June re-election as president. 
- California's insurance commissioner said Tuesday he will push insurance companies doing business in California to divest their $12 billion in indirect investments in Iran's defense, nuclear, energy and banking industries. Commissioner Steve Poizner said he will urge the companies to voluntarily sell the investments they reported to his office. If they refuse to sell within 120 days, he plans to try to force the divestment so money paid by California policyholders is not flowing to a U.S.-listed state sponsor of terrorism. 
- Iran Permanently Shuts Down Gmail, Announces National E-Mail Service To Be Rolled-out "Soon". Meanwhile police have begun confiscating satellite dishes from residential roof tops. 
- Ahmadinejad Says Iran Is Now a 'Nuclear State'. The bloodthirsty terrorist state is feared to be secretly enriching nuclear fuel to the 90%+ level. 
- The nanny state philosophy micro-regulates every aspect of your life in the interests of keeping you safe, their so-called superior minds know best. Those same feckless politicians fail to act when confronting a nuclear Iran. 
- Iranians in America Report Steady Stream of Death Threats. Exiled Iranian dissidents, human rights campaigners and Iranian-American advocacy groups are fearing for their lives as they receive what they say are ongoing death threats from Iranian intelligence agents and regime sympathizers working in the United States. Former CIA agent Robert Baer, who maintains contact with Iranian opposition groups, said Iranians living in America have reason to be afraid. 
- President Barack Obama Chooses Appeasement, backs away from pursuing a number of tough measures against Iran in order to beg support from Russia and China for yet another U.N. resolution on sanctions. Among provisions removed from the original draft resolution the U.S. sent to key allies last month were sanctions aimed at choking off Tehran's access to international banking services and capital markets, and closing international airspace and waters to Iran's national air cargo and shipping lines. 
- U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights ! Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest." The U.N. never fails to make itself an irrelevant joke. 
- Obama blunders again: Iran signs a nuclear pact with Brazil and Turkey, making a joke out of Obama's so-called "diplomacy." "Full credit for this debacle goes to the Obama Administration and its hapless diplomatic strategy." Will we see Obama fly to Iran and bow to its leaders next? 
- International Atomic Energy Agency: Terrorist state Iran Boosts Enriched Uranium. Iran has two tons of enriched uranium, enough for two nuclear warheads and prompting concerns from the West. 
- UAE Diplomat Endorses U.S. Strike on Iran. The United Arab Emirates ambassador to the United States said Tuesday that the benefits of bombing Iran's nuclear program outweigh the short-term costs such an attack would impose. 
- Liberal Idol Oliver Stone: 'Jewish-Dominated Media' Prevents Hitler from Being Portrayed "in Context". Director Oliver Stone belittled the Holocaust during a shocking interview with The Sunday Times yesterday, claiming that America's focus on the Jewish massacre was a product of the "Jewish domination of the media." The director also defended Stalin, Hitler and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and railed against the "powerful lobby" of Jews in the United States. 
- Firms Contracting With U.S. Government Flout Iran Sanctions Law, Watchdog Says. Two multinational corporations that have earned billions of dollars in U.S. government contracts are conducting business with Iran in violation of the recently signed sanctions law, according to an Iran watchdog group that has provided its research to FoxNews.com. 
- Hey Ayatollah! Leave Those Kids Alone!
A Toronto-based rock band is garnering worldwide attention after remaking Pink Floyd's "The Wall," into a new anthem -- "Hey, Ayatollah, leave those kids alone!" -- as a sign of solidarity with Iranians fighting against Tehran's theocratic regime. 
- Russia's nuclear agency says that it will fuel Iran's first nuclear power plant, defying U.S. calls to hold off. So what does Barack Obama do? He plans to buy Russian-made choppers for use in Afghanistan. Obama: the paper tiger. 
- Clock Ticking on Iran Joining Nuke Club — and Israeli Attack? Israel has until the weekend to launch a military strike on Iran's Bushehr nuclear reactor before the risk of harmful radiation becomes too great, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton says. 
- Iran Paying Taliban $1000 Each To Kill U.S. Troops. At least five Iranian companies in Afghanistan's capital are using their offices covertly to finance Taliban militants in provinces near Kabul, according to a The Sunday Times investigation. 
- Jason Mattera: What Drives Obama's Rage?
What drives Barack Obama’s rage against America? Our President is hell bent on slashing our nuclear stockpiles, while lunatic regimes in Iran and North Korea want a robust program of their own. Obama derides entrepreneurship, business, and our free-market system, as he pushes an unprecedented Washington power grab in the auto, financial, healthcare, and energy sectors. He even supports oil drilling off the coast of Brazil, but not in the country he was elected to lead. And that list doesn’t even scratch the surface of Obama’s governing sins. What gives? 
- Barack Obama Causing America's Stature in the Middle East to Deteriorate.'
"It is not surprising that America's stature in the Middle East continues to deteriorate. Iran is advancing toward nuclear capabilities and scorning Obama as it destabilizes the region." Read more from U.S. News & World Report's Editor-in-Chief Mortimer B. Zuckerman here.
- Stuxnet Worm Still Out of Control at Iran's Nuclear Sites, Experts Say. Iran's nuclear program is still in chaos despite its leaders' adamant claim that they have contained the computer worm that attacked their facilities, cybersecurity experts in the U.S. and Europe say. 
- Hosni Mubarak announces he will not seek re-election in September. Likely the gesture is not sufficient enough for the extremist Muslim Brotherhood and for Iranian-puppet Mohamed ElBaradei that have been clamoring for his removal. 
- Did Barack Obama, George Soros, and the Muslim Brotherhood have a hand in creating the chaos in Egypt? "Barack Obama has been playing a critical role in making sure that Egypt, one of our staunchest allies in the Middle East, is positioned to become the next member of the Union of Iranian Radical Islamist Republics headed by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad," observe Michael Savage and Greg Lewis.
- Iranian lawmaker says the US killed bin Laden in a bid to prevent any possible intelligence leaks regarding "the US-Al-Qaeda joint terrorist operations," the official FARS news agency reports. 
- It's official, Barack Obama is more economically incompetent than Jimmy Carter. If the misery index were calculated under old methods, "the Index would now be over 25, a record high. It surpasses the old index high of 21.98, which occurred in June 1980, when Jimmy Carter was president. Most believe the height of the Index along with the Iranian hostage crisis is what caused Carter to lose his re-election bid."
- "Rocket barrage kills 5 US soldiers in Baghdad Five American soldiers died Monday when a barrage of rockets slammed into a base in a Shiite neighborhood of Baghdad — the largest, single-day loss of life for U.S. forces in Iraq in two years. The attack follows warnings from Shiite militants backed by Iran and anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr that they would violently resist any effort to keep American troops in Iraq past their year-end deadline to go home." 
- Christian pastor facing execution in Iran, CNN calls that a "Nuance". The lamestream media, the group that would never dare utter the words Islamic terrorist, actually defends Sharia law. 
- Did Iran try to kill an ambassador and blow up two embassies in the United States? Why did Attorney General Eric Holder release the story on the same day that he faced a subpoena? 
- Has Israel started to take care of the Iran nuclear program on its own? Then again, how long was Israel supposed to wait? 
- Is Iran about to go to war with Israel? Or America or Britain? Or its Arab neighbors? 
- Trouble in paradise? "Hugo Chavez blasted President Barack Obama as a 'clown' and an 'embarrassment' who has turned the United States into a 'disaster' after Obama criticized Venezuela's ties with Iran and Cuba." 
- Will Israel be at war with Iran? Why are United States troops deploying to Israel? 
- "Half of EU countries were less competitive than they were a year ago and five were less competitive than Iran."
- WAR CRIME: Hillary Clinton meeting with Syrian ‘opposition leaders’ in Geneva. Because the US and NATO members were not censured after their openly illegal war in Libya, the same players are marching forward again in complete contravention of international law, taking sides and helping to escalate a civil war in Syria, which is a prelude to a planned attack on Iran. 
- About the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Obama: What's next, Syria, Iran, Lebanon or religion? New Book Defends 'Bitter Clingers,' Exposes Obama’s War on Christianity. 
- Flying reports of the death of Youcef Nadarkani, the Iran pastor, are greatly exaggerated. Jordan Sekulow confirms that the man still lives, despite an Arabic website's boast that he was dead. 
- "Hamas denies it intends to stay out of Israeli war with Iran. Speaking to Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency, Mahmoud Zahar says retaliation ‘with utmost power is the position of Hamas with regard to a Zionist war on Iran.’" 
- As Iran cleans up after an illicit nuclear experiment, Barack Hussein Obama offers Israel a cynical bribe, then tries to deny it. The bribe: advanced military technology in exchange for a delay of a near-inevitable Israel-Iran war. (Or is Obama planning to go to war himself, just to get a good headline?) 
- Israel prepares for mass protests, war with Iran. The commanding general of Israel's armed forces has canceled the traditional Passover leave, as Israel prepares to meet the Global March on Jerusalem. 
- Is Barack Hussein Obama deliberately sabotaging Israel in its efforts to defend itself against an eventual missile strike by Iran? 
- Is Israel getting ready to go to war with Iran? Calling up reserves, reinforcing its borders with Sinai and the Golan Heights—stay tuned! 
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel formed a coalition government yesterday. Is he getting his ducks in a row as he prepares for war with Iran? 
- Iran has a plan to close the Strait of Hormuz. Will war break out yet again? Perhaps an October Surprise? 
- Israel contemplates war with Iran and Egypt. (Syria doesn't count.) 
- The Israel-Gaza conflict has broken out. The Palestinians are indeed the spiritual successors of the Philistines, and it shows. But the Iranians are also mixing in. Could a wider Middle East war be in the making? 
- Americans indicate Obama could meet Iran's Rohani at UN. After State Department confirms Kerry will meet Iranian counterpart, presidential advisor says doesn't rule out meeting between countries' leaders: 'Always open to diplomacy,' he says. By Yitzhak Benhorin; Israel News.