Miley has become very popular, and has had phenomenal financial success. Her net worth is estimated in the millions, and she is currently listed on Forbes' list of the 20 highest-paid celebrities under age 25. 
During an interview with Barbara Walters, Miley said "that family and faith are more important than materialism and partying." Miley also "explained that many young stars turn to drugs or alcohol because they’re trusting the wrong people and losing touch with God.
Miley was photographed by Annie Leibovitz for the April 2008 edition of Vanity Fair magazine in poses that turned out to be more revealing than she had intended, including one where she was draped in a sheet, that she later called "embarassing" and publicly apologized for. 
"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs, I feel so embarrassed," she said in a statement. "I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about." - Miley Cyrus
Miley's father is country music star Billy Ray Cyrus. Her mother is Leticia "Tish" Cyrus.
- Official site
- Miley Cyrus Biography
- Germaine Greer on the controversial Annie Leibovitz portrait of Miley Cyrus
- ↑ Miley Cyrus now Miley Ray Cyrus, Kester Alleyne-Morris , Chicago Tribune, January 30, 2008
- ↑ http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-to.worth08jan08,0,5859326.story
- ↑ 'Hannah Montana' Star Says Faith Keeps Her Grounded, Jennifer Riley, Christian Post, February 28, 2008
- ↑ http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Story?id=4736358&page=1