De vie et de lumière
French Painting is considered among those most important and has an interesting history. The first manifestations of French painting are given in the prehistoric art and with the Roman epoch with some murals. In the Middle Age there are also some important murals and Gothic stained glasses; in the Renaissance Italian models are followed. It will be until Century XVII, with Nicolas Poussin like its best exposing and Claude Lorrain, that French Baroque painting reaches an important place. Century XVIII brought the Rococo, and it is Century XIX, precisely, that of the great French painting. In Century XX there also are important demonstrations but without reaching the splendor and the fame of the previous years.
Schools and movements
- Academic Art
- Academic Art
- Barbizon School
- Neo-Impressionism or Post-Impressionism
- École de Paris A term to designate a group of artists like: Andre Lhote (1885 - 1962), Juan Gris (1887 - 1927), Marc Chagall (1887 - 1985) and Maurice Boitel (1919 - 2007).
- Lyrical Abstraction
Impressionism: Monet painting in his garden in Argenteuil, Renoir.
- National painting
- Gallery of French Masterpieces
- Famous French paintings
- Painting Galleries
- Prehistoric painting
- FRENCH PAINTING OF THE 19TH CENTURY
- Famous French Artists
- French Painting Originally Published Early 1900's
- List of French artists
- Peinture française Musée du Louvre.
- Salon des Artistes Français
- Salon des Indépendants
- La peinture française L'histoire de la peinture.