Essay:Greatest Conservative Legislation
Here is a growing list of the greatest conservative legislation:
- Taft-Hartley Act (Congress overrode a presidential veto)
- Twenty-Second Amendment (term limits for the presidency)
- Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (Kemp-Roth Tax Cut)
- Tax Reform Act of 1986 (substantially lowered tax rates)
- Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (welfare reform)
- Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003
- The Volstead Act (Congress overrode a presidential veto, on the same day as the veto!)
- United States Constitution, the most important document in American history, part of what made this country great.
- United States Declaration of Independence, which allowed this country to begin.
- Massachusetts Personal Liberty Act, which effectively nullified the Federal Fugitive Slave Act.
(add more, especially from earlier periods in history)