Eminem is the stage name of popular rapper Marshall Bruce Mathers III. Born October 17, 1972 (age 41), Mathers grew up in Warren, Michigan. He is an award-winning musician with eleven Grammy Awards in addition to a singular Academy Award.
He is known for his rap music, and specifically its frequent and unnessacary use of profanity, drug references, and sexual content. His lyrics are criticized by conservatives, liberals, and feminists as violent, homophobic, and misogynistic.
Mathers' personal life is well known because of his public persona and a frequent topic in his music, most notably his relationship with Kimberly Anne Scott. The couple met while both were in high school, and began a troubled relationship in 1989. The two married 1999, but divorced in 2001. As Eminem, Mathers recorded several violent songs, including Kim, and '97 Bonnie & Clyde, both songs deal with murdering Kim in violent fashion. The two reconciled and remarried in 2006, but in a dusplay of Hollywood values, filed for divorce again less than three months later. Mathers also has shared custody of his biological daughter, Hailie Jade Scott and of his niece, Alaina, daughter of Kim Scott's twin sister, whom he adopted. Mathers has also spoken about his addictions to multiple drugs. He is clean and sober today. To his credit Mathers has been known as a good father and despite his public persona does not allow swearing or negative influences in his house. He publicly decried abortion in the song Hailie's song from his third album in which he sings of his love for his daughter. He has claimed to be a Christian.
- 1999: The Slim Shady LP
- 2000: The Marshall Mathers LP
- 2002: The Eminem Show
- 2002: 8 Mile Soundtrack
- 2004: Encore
- 2005: Curtain Call: The Hits
- 2006: Eminem Presents the Re-Up
- 2009: Relapse
- 2010: Recovery
- 2000: Da Hip Hop Witch (Cameo-Performance)
- 2001: The Wash (Chris)
- 2002: 8 Mile (Jimmy "B-Rabbit" Smith)
- 2008: Have Gun — Will Travel (Paladin)
- 2003 - Best Original song, "Lose Yourself" from 8 Mile
Golden Globe Nomination
- 2003 - Best Original Song in a Motion Picture, "Lose Yourself" from 8 Mile
- 2000 - Best rap solo performance for "My Name Is" from The Slim Shady LP
- 2000 - Best rap album for The Slim Shady LP
- 2001 - Best rap solo performance for "The Real Slim Shady" from The Marshall Mathers LP
- 2001 - Best rap performance by a duo or group (with Dr. Dre) for "Forgot About Dre" from Dr Dre 2001
- 2001 - Best rap album for The Marshall Mathers LP
- 2003 - Best short form music video, for "Without Me" from The Eminem Show
- 2003 - Best rap album for The Eminem Show
- 2004 - Best male rap solo performance for "Lose Yourself" from the 8 Mile O.S.T.
- 2004 - Best rap song for "Lose Yourself" from the 8 Mile O.S.T.