Coldplay is an British rock band, formed in 1998. The band is one of the most successful rock bands of the century with more than 50 million records worldwide. Their first major song was "Yellow" which featured on their debut album Parachutes and was later released as a single. Other famous songs performed by Coldplay include (In chronological order): Trouble, Clocks, The Scientist, Speed of Sound, Fix You, Viva La Vida and Paradise.
- Chris Martin - lead singer, piano, guitar, harmonica
- Guy Berryman - bass, backing singer
- Jon Buckland - guitar, backing singer
- Will Champion - drums, percussion, harmonica, guitar
It should be noted that during the bands formation years, Will was expelled and brought back to the group. It is also often said on the band's website that Will can "play anything".
Brian Eno and Phil Harvey have both been cited by the band as a big influence on their current style. With Eno coming in as producer for their 4th album Viva La Vida, and Harvey being known as a 5th member of the band, the members refer to both at different times.
- Safety - EP (1998)
- The Blue Room - EP (1999)
- Brothers & Sisters (1999)
- Parachutes (2000)
- A Rush of Blood to the Head (2002)
- X&Y (2005)
- Prospekt's March - EP (2008)
- Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (2008)
- Mylo Xyloto (2011)
- Live 2003 (2003)
- LeftRightLeftRightLeft (2009)
- Live 2012 (2012)